I got this in an email and thought it would be fun to put on my blog. I'd love it if anyone who wants to would cut and paste it and post on theirs - or leave in comments, as to your answers...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper (I resented gift bags as a kid as I loved to tear off the paper!)
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, from a farm – some kind of Noble
3. Why are you willing to answer these questions? So my friends will really get to know me
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends on the circumstances, this year, probably on the 4th as I think we’ll have the Riley-side Christmas on the 3rd
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A brand new yellow canopy bedroom set (yes, that one really challenged our grasp of how Santa could have fit that all on his sleigh!)
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids (they like “Stuff”!)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Do you send your card by mail or e-mail? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A faux-fur trimmed coat that John bought for me at the last minute on one of our first Christmas’ – it turned into a “learning experience” that him taking time ahead to really look for me was a present in itself (and, no, he didn’t enjoy the sleeping bag I bought him either….!)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? New version of “Miracle on 24th Street”
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Generally in September
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, sorry.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Lots of cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Lots !
17. Favorite Christmas song? I pick a new favorite one every Christmas, last year it was “Mary’s Boy Child” – however, Amy Grant’s version of “O Little Town of Bethlehem” will always be a favorite
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Childhood home for Christmas (Mom and Dad’s)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One gift Christmas Eve and the rest is Christmas day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Getting so carried away with all of the “to-do’s” that we lose sight of the real reason we’re celebrating
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? “Homespun” – reds, creams, white lights, raffia
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honey-baked ham (or homemade version)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Lots of amazing memories, joy, a recognition of the magnitude of this amazing gift God gave us at this time of year