Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You Asked for It, Jodi

My friend, Jodi, challenged us in her blog to answer one of her questions. This is the question that I chose to answer:

2. Tell about a time in your life that you remember thinking that everything in your life felt perfect...where were you, what were you doing, why do you think you felt that way.

Two thoughts come to mind. One was probably around the middle of December in 1993. I was at Timberline Lodge with my sister, her husband, and my then boyfriend, Lance. We had spent the previous evening talking by the lodge's fireplace, eating dinner by candlelight and even hitting the outdoor hottub amidst falling snow. That day, while on the chairlift to ski, I remember watching this perfect snowflake fall onto my glove and truly thought, "I could never ask for more".

The second time was 12 years later, perhaps even the very same day of the year. While at our recent trip to Sunriver, I sat with cocoa in hand, a good Christmas novel, my sister next to me - in a hot tub, with snow coming down. The temperature was so cold, the snow just settled on our hair without melting. We watched the "perfectly unique" snowflakes settle on the edge in amazement. Once again, I couldn't get past the feeling that I could never ask for more. But, this time, I had a HUSBAND, (not just a boyfriend based on infatuation), two incredible children and amazing friends within my life. Oh, there was definitely more I could have hoped for a dozen years ago....

Hope I did a fair job answering your question, Jodi!

2 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

Very Nice! I need a hot tub and snow!

StephieAnne said...

Oh, yes, that's definitely part of my recipe for happiness.....