Saturday, February 22, 2014

With the Sunshine, Comes the Smiles

When I typed yesterday's blog, I knew sun was in the forecast for the day (at least the afternoon) and for this weekend.  I suspected it would bring some endorphins my way, but it far exceeded that.  It absolutely reinforced what I had written about in the last post - it was literally, "life-fueling".  

It really didn't even emerge until about 3pm, but that was perfect timing as far as Whitley was concerned.  Upon pulling in the driveway, having just picked up Brayden (another reference to yesterday's post - I chose to forgo the carpool and pick him up myself so he could clean out his locker.  SIX SEVEN (just found another one) lunch boxes/sacks were pulled out of there, which of course, doesn't even count the one that he left in the car in the morning.....OH BRAYDEN!!!!) - I teasingly told him that Whitley's first words upon waking up were, "Can Brayden go on the 'Bouncy-Bouncy' with me?"  Of course, we both know that wasn't exactly the truth - almost always her first words are "What's that?" in reference to EVERY SINGLE STUFFED ANIMAL in Mikayla's room that she subsequently wants to hold and kiss and imitate the sound it makes....but, Brayden played along with it anyway.  And he earned an ecstatic response from Whitley when he suggested it as he took her out of her car seat.  SO PRECIOUS!




Once we got Mikayla and Nati on their way to the church for their snow trip adventures, I went out on the trampoline with Whitley.  Seeing all of the expressions Whitley was making, I yelled to Brayden to bring me the camera as I couldn't help but try to capture some of her unabated JOY.  




A moment of tired recovery...

And, then, "Pop", she's up again, ready to play!






Up close shots as she's laying on my bent legs -






A moment of quiet reflection...





"I love my 'boon'!"  =)







She looks like she's doing some sort of seal act with this pose....

SIGH... I can't tell you how happy that all made me.  Amazing what just 20 minutes of sunshine and witnessing a toddler so over-the-top with glee can do for your soul...

No comments: