Monday, November 21, 2011

A "Joy"-ful Update

This is the Facebook Message I just sent to my "Thursday Night Ladies" regarding the status of my neighbor, Joy. I haven't followed up with information as we have been waiting for further results, but so far, nothing had been looking good.

I was just approached by my across-the-street-neighbor's brother who came to report on the status of "Joy" - the one I asked you to pray for with Stage 4 Cancer. While her long-term diagnosis still seems grim, in the last week she has shown remarkable improvement. Apparently, as of last week, they were wondering if she'd make it to Thanksgiving. She's returning home today and I was overjoyed to be able to hand over a loaf of Zucchini Bread I'd just made for them and even give this "up until this moment stranger" a big hug upon hearing the news. The doctors are flabbergasted by her turn-around and improvement. He knew we were praying and came over to tell me because he knew how much we cared and felt like our prayers had contributed. HALLELUJIA!!! So, thank you, ladies, for being a part of that....

(For the record, still waiting to her any definitive answers regarding my niece....)

No comments: