Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice....That's What Little Girls Are Made of.....

But first, before I get to what the title eludes to, I'll do a last little follow-up of my time with Julie. After boating, we snagged some pizza, watched The Emmy's (I was super entertained with Jimmy Fallon....), and just hung out. It was very cozy. Yesterday, after getting going at a leisurely pace, Julie agreed to do Mikayla's "Upcoming Events" chalkboard one more time before she takes off. She has set the bar so high on that, I'm afraid to take it back over once the theme of "Fall Sports" expires.

We then dinked around a few stores in the area, trying to find her some random things for her trip. Julie's not much of a shopper, so I consider it a success that she actually purchased two things. Finally, Mikayla was asked to take a picture of us. This is the first one she took, which I liked best - but is funny because Julie is taller than I am, which doesn't appear to be the case in this shot. Oh well, it'll teach her for slouching! Love you Julie - and I am so proud of you for taking this big adventure, and undoubtedly impacting many, many lives for Christ along the way!

Alright - on to the title subjects.... Last week, while Erica and Christina were over, Mikayla begged to have them come again for a "Spa Night Slumber Party". Last night was the night - and they completely took over the living room with our bar chairs and my hair accessories to give their "American Girl" dolls and "Baby Annabelle's" makeovers (not to mention themselves). It ended up kicking John and I into the bonus room - which, in its own break of routine was fun for us.

The girls enthusiasm was contagious and non-stop throughout the evening. They were so imaginative.....in this picture I think they were all donning their (my) strap over bags to "go to the movies".....

And then on to the spa. Christina was the first client up....

Their faces are all smeared with lotion, but the pic is too cute too pass up. I love how these girls' friendships have survived the years and different schools they all attend during the year, but none of that matters when they all get back together in the summer.

A final glimpse of the hair products assembled for their evening...

1 comment:

j.nelson said...

oh hi thigh.