What follows is a scrapbook page that I would title, "Signs of Summer". I've been running around with my camera over the last couple of weeks trying to get snapshots of things that only happen in summer for us - or are only the best done in summer. It's been fun thinking about it, and seeing ideas around town and knowing I need to return with my camera.
Here's the list:
1. The Fourth of July fireworks tents. This didn't mean much to us until last year when the kids realized that if you buy fireworks, you get to slide down the inflatable "gimmick". It worked, and last year, setting off fireworks in our lawn chairs in front of our house was a sweet, sweet, memory indeed.
2. Playtime at the pool - kind of self-explanatory.
3. Indulging in shaved ice. I succumbed to the Sunday ads and purchased one at Target this week..... pulling it out next year will certainly be a reminder of the fun times of summer
4. Dining outside - this taken at a pizza parlor that I've eaten at since I was a baby.
5. Roasting hot dogs. We didn't use this outdoor fire pit but once since we've purchased it nearly two years ago - now, it's a familly evening favorite.
6. The wildflowers that sprought up at the intersection by Harlow Rd. They are gorgeous, and make me happy whenever I drive by them.
7. Picking blueberries. My mom and dad have the most amazing bushes that never disappoint. Quarter size berries are not uncommon. Right before my mom left town a week ago she asked if I wanted to pick the berries before the birds got them. We left with ten cups of berries.
8. Summertime exhaustion - the picture says it all!
What would be "signs of summer" snapshots for you?