Thursday, November 17, 2005

Don't Tell Me...

First of all - CONGRATULATIONS Hollie on your new arrival! I imagine you are having so many overwhelming feelings of love and exhaustion right now. Hang in there and have fun!

So, in a past blog, I wrote about spoiling my fun of watching the premiere of LOST by reading a spoiler. It was a bummer, but I got through it and learned my lesson.

Today, I read in the newspaper something that, I will admit, has me tempted. But I'm writing this to you all so that you can hold me accountable to not get sucked in - and to ask in advance that no one give me "spoilers".

One of my absolute favorite days of the year is the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING. It makes me happy just to think about it. For as long as I can remember, my mom, my sister and I have all joined forces to hit the stores as early as 4:30 am. (Generally, more around 6, though) We have so much fun, spend a ton of money, make more progress every year we do it - and probably value it more and more for the fun that it is each year. I'll dedicate a day to talk about our details later. However, all of this description is an effort to explain how important the day is - and also how important Thanksgiving night is - just to discover what amazing deals there are out there to embrace before dawn.

So, now I'll tie it all together. Tonight I read that some college punk has already accessed those precious store ads and has a website devoted to divulging their secrets. He knows the amazing deals K-Mart and Sears and several other stores have already - and it totally bums me out! What right does he have to access that information and spoil the fun for all of us holiday shopping junkies? So, I've decided to boycott the website. I'm not passionate enough to request anyone else do the same, but, whatever you do, don't tell me what you find out!

1 comment:

HollieHobbie said...

haha! What is the website? I need as much ahead preparation as I can get nowadays......Thanks for the Congrats. Yes, lots of love and exhaustion intertwined.