Monday, February 27, 2012

Home Sick

This weekend has indeed been a restful one, but it was also a necessity in that the sinus cold I've been fighting all week finally got the upper hand.  I've been reliant on Mucinex Sinus all week....such good stuff, but apparently missing the every 4 hour doses Friday night while sleeping threw me under the bus.

I'm actually feeling pretty decent right now, but Mikayla has been pouring through the Kleenex box, full of sneezes, coughs, and snot.  I think we'll be spending the day in our bedroom with computers, my kindle, my cell phone and the tv - shutting out the rest of the world.

Before that can happen, though, we need to get Brayden to school.  I wonder how many of you moms out there have this similar problem - in that when one sibling is sick the other when pouts incessantly that they should stay home too.  This is a recurring theme for Brayden - he's all about "fairness" and despite the fact that he is not sneezing, coughing, or blowing his nose, he insists he doesn't feel good.

In the end, I caved.  He stayed home under the condition he got some extra credit work done.  In situations like these, I'm just too much of a pushover...

No comments: