Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Build a Bear

First of all, incredible party, Susan. Your house is amazing - I love how cozy and inviting it is. And, the kids are thrilled with the haul I brought home!

Yesterday I got to spend the day up north celebrating Lisa's daughter's birthday at Build a Bear. It was a lot of fun, and I have to admit, there were a few ulterior motives I had regarding hitting stores not down here, the outlets, and the decor of the mall. I didn't end up getting home until 8:30pm. (Good thing I wasn't the one responsible for bringing the guests home!).

Mikayla ended up picking out an Angel outfit for her bear - who is now named "Angel Allie". She's really sweet. While I was there, I saw a Seattle Seahawks outfit and new instantly I had to get it for Brayden. He had previously asked why he hadn't ever been able to go, and I knew it would be a huge hit as that has become his favorite team. I'm not sure why, although I think he's taken a liking to Washington thanks in part to Hollie's family moving there. I figured he'd be thrilled, but that was an understatement when I brought it out of the bag. He was ecstatic. He slept with the guy and wanted to call his best friend at 7 this morning to tell him about it. Tonight, he just figured out that his "bear" is really a Golden Retriever - now he's even more in love with his stuffed buddy. There's such an innocence about the whole thing - it just warms my heart. I snapped pictures of them both asleep with there buddies this morning....


1 comment:

HollieHobbie said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I am glad I could assist in his choice of a favorite pro football team. Maybe we could meet there sometime and watch them. Sometime when it is warmer.....
Do tell about the cookies......any new and exciting recipes this year?