Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words...







First of all, did I get that title quote right? It doesn't sound quite right.

These pictures describe our Saturday- I'll use them to fill you in.

The first picture shows the location of our friends house who have hosted a pumpkin carving/food eating/fiddle listening party for 7 years. Due to home football games and kids being sick, this is the first year we were able to attend. And, judging by the blue sky, we picked a great year - and, don't they have the most beautiful property? (I think I'll go into detail about our history as friends tomorrow).

The second picture shows the kids telling us what kind of carving they'd like.

The third picture indicates the people doing all of the carving work....

Fourth, what Mikayla and Sydney were doing while we worked away....

Finally, the finished project. John and I were proud of ourselves. It was a gorgeous, fun day - made even better by the beautiful drive out to Territorial Road and the tour of our friends new house on the property. We definitely don't want to wait another 7 years to attend again!

3 comments:

HollieHobbie said...

That is awesome! What a fun way to spend a gorgeous Fall day.

StephieAnne said...

Hollie,
Is it "a picture paints a thousand words"? Help me out here....

HollieHobbie said...

I think it is Paints, but I didn't question it until you did, but if you are going to Scrapbook that heading, you may want to confirm. ;) You have a very beautiful family, Steph.