Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Sharing My Heart at the Trinity House

Several weeks ago, I was in attendance at church to hear a fantastic message by Pastor Ben in regards to 1st Corinthians 7 and what Paul really meant to say to the Corinthians about marriage, singleness, and sex.

The clarification of a lot of confusing points was excellent to take home, but what really hit was Ben ending the sermon by suggesting that in our church, he would like that "sex" not be swept under the rug like some dirty topic conservative Christians never address (except for in the final pre-marital counseling session), but rather a topic to be celebrated.  He challenged all of us that, if we are in a married relationship, we should be CELEBRATING sex and not be content with mediocre, or consumed by feelings of bitterness, or abusing it emotionally or physically.  "Get help" is what he basically said, because it's meant to be amazing - and if it's not, you aren't truly celebrating this gift God has given us all.

It made me reflect on the last twenty years with John.  We are now "celebrating", but we weren't always - and I walked away feeling like I had a bit of testimony I'd love to share with young women if I were ever to be asked.

Two days later, I was asked.  (Mind you, I haven't been asked to speak in nearly a year and a half).  She wanted me to share my heart at the Trinity House - whatever topic I chose... Wow, God, you've got my attention!

Unfortunately, the day I was supposed to speak, I fell victim to a migraine, but I'd like to believe that just allowed me to secure two back to back weeks as I believed I had to much content for just one week of a 20 minute devotional time slot.

Last week was my first round, tonight is round two - the more personal stuff.

I'm going to attach my outline and in it, I am going to attach links of information I used - as, during my research, there WAS SO MUCH GOOD STUFF OUT THERE!

I'd also like to offer up some resources for when these ladies do get a little closer to their wedding night, some lists that I wish I had read... ;)



TRINITY HOUSE- "LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX" SERIES

THREE THINGS SATAN USES TO DESTROY OUR VIEW OF SEX EVEN BEFORE WE GET MARRIED:
MY OWN STORY:
  • Sex within marriage is a beautiful gift from God (NOT icky and gross and a necessary evil!)
  • Sex is to be used in such a way to gift one another and offer something neither can do on their own (NOT merely that my husband "always needs it" and is just satisfying an animalistic urge or need)
  • Finding "fulfillment" should be a journey in understanding one another (NOT the responsibility of the husband to "do it right")


No comments: